|STUDENTS ||FACULTY |
"I can't see my class site(s)."
- Step 1: Check with your professor. All class sites are created automatically, however, instructors need to publish the sites before students can see them. If you have officially registered for the class, please consult with your instructor to see if he/she plans to use Courses/Sakai this term.
- Step 2: Click "More Sites." Your sites are ordered alphabetically by default. If you are enrolled in more than four sites, your can find your additional enrollments in the "More Sites" menu. Click this button in the top navigation bar to see your sites organized by academic term; any project sites will follow the class sites in this menu. TIP: You can re-order your sites! From the "More Sites" menu, click "Preferences" to customize the site order in the navigation bar. You can also reach this from My Workspace > Preferences > Customize Tabs.
- Step 3: Wait One Business Day. Enrollments for official university classes are automatically updated on Courses (powered by Sakai). If you enrolled recently or on a weekend, your enrollment may not appear until the next business day. Updates happen at 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM each business day.
Learn more at Student Tutorials.
"My students can't see my class site(s)."
- Publish your class site. At the start of a new semester, don't forget to publish your site. If you see a notice at the top left of your class site that says "Unpublished site," then you need to publish the site. Simply click the "Publish Now" button below the warning to share the site with your students in one click.
"When are class sites created?"
- Check the course creation schedule. Class sites are created several weeks before a new academic term. Please consult with the creation schedule.
- After course creation, enrollments are automatically updated each business day at approximately 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Pacific.
"How do I post my syllabus?"
- Use the Syllabus or Course Syllabus tool. Both tools allow you to post your class syllabus quickly. The Syllabus tool allows you to post documents, text, links, or much more. The Course Syllabus tool is exclusively available for many Graziadio class sites and allows you to upload your syllabus as a document.
Learn more at the Top 10 Faculty Tutorials or view All Faculty Tutorials.
Learn about the Sakai 10 upgrade